You can definitely apply to jobs without a video. That being said, we strongly recommend adding one to make your profile more attractive and help you stand out from other applicants. Videos allow you to express yourself and show off your personality and skills in ways the classic CV and cover letter could never do.
In fact, 60% of companies such as Red Bull, Yale, KPMG indicate they use videos as part of their hiring process. Applicants who have videos are five times more likely to get an interview for a job than those who do not add one.
If you are not sure what to talk about, try mentioning a few of the following:
- Introduce yourself by name
- If you are looking for full time or part time work
- What city or region you are looking to work in
- Qualities or skills that make you a good employee (make sure to give examples!)
- Personal accomplishments
- Special skills or certificates
- Interests and hobbies outside of the workplace
- Why you chose to work/study in a particular field
- Why you volunteered with certain organisations in the past
Good luck with your job search!